Saturday, May 21, 2005

Mommy/Baby day....

Friday was mommy/baby day and what a day it was. I found out what it is like to have your child be pissed at you, and he is only 6 months old. Our morning started out nice and early at the pediatrician office for his 6 month check-up. Everything checked out fine and then the bad part, 3 shots.. Man if he didn't make me feel awful, he cried for like 30 minutes, which felt like 3 hours. Then off to the eye doctor we went. There a nurse held his face while the doctor pried his eyes open to check them, that really pissed him off. By now, it was noon and he was completely through with me. I swear if he could talk he would have cursed me out. Then after all of that, he had a low grade fever today. No one ever told me raising a child would be sooo much fun!!! For those of you without kids, they didn't give you any warnings when you bring them home from the hospital. You just get the baby and you are on your own. Hopefully over the next 18 years things will get better. (Wishful thinking)!!!

8 comments:

mcgibfried said...

he did curse you out.. i heard it.

Shannon said...

I am sur he did, I wouldn't put it past him.

WordWhiz said...

He learned those bad words from his dad!!

Sorry Mrs. McG, it doesn't get easier. In fact, those years before they can walk and talk ARE the easy years!!!

Heather said...

hee. that baby of your's is so damn cute. i can just imagine him looking right pissed off.

whenever i think about having kids i think: "the shit isn't that bad when it's YOUR kid's shit."

and i enjoy the warnings i get from mommys i know. this is my favourite: "heather, when you give birth, you feel like you are going to DIE."

oh, and thanks for linking me!

i added you to my "blogs i snoop" list.

Madame D said...

I love it when they give you those looks that say "If I could talk, I'd totally be calling CPS on your ass, biatch."
And mine now calls me a pain in the ass. And giggles. But it's true, so I giggle right back at him.

Shannon said...

Got to love the kids. I am sure one of his first words will be a bad one with the way we talk around here.

Unknown said...

I hate taking my kid to get shots. After his four month checkup he got a fever and cried/slept all day. Then when we went for his 6 month checkup he literally fell apart screaming the minute I sat him down on the doctor's table. I swear to God he remembered. The kid never cries. He screamed through the whole appointment and got the same ugly low fever.

Stefanie said...

I'll bet he slept well after all of that (blessing in disguise?)