Sunday, June 05, 2005

Birthday Parties....

How much is to much to spend on a birthday party for a child??

We attended a birthday party this weekend for a family member that turned 4. It was a pool party at a local recreation center with slides and diving boards and the whole shabang. It was a good time, however I over heard the cost and about lost my mind.....

$600, just to rent the recreation center for 4 hours. They also provided food and cake and cupcakes. I thought to myself I hope my child never expects something this elaborate!!

I threw a surprise for MCG for his birthday last year and thought I was crazy for spending around $100. That was an awesome party though. He always knows what is going on, but he never caught on to the surprise party. I thought he might shit himself when he opened the door and saw all of the people standing there. Great memories!!

Anyways, just wanted to put that out there and see what the average cost of a birthday party is to the average person so I can start saving my money now for the little guys birthday.

4 comments:

Madame D said...

I don't throw parties.
It's against my religion.
What is my religion, you may ask?
It's called "If you say Happy Birthday to me in public, I'll kick your ass".
Plus, I'm far away from anyone we know for the Boy's birthday this year, so I don't have to celebrate shit!
Cake, presents, and maybe a movie.
I love simplicity.
Keep that up until he's old enough to know the difference.
Or until daddy starts saying "So, can we hire a pony now?"

Deli mom said...

Before 3 or 4 the party's are for mom and dad anyway. Like they really remember age 1 and 2 or even 3. The pictures are fun, but all in all it's a waste of time for really little one's. Mom, dad, maybe grandparents or close friends. A cake a few presents. Use the rest of the money you'd spend on yourself.

mcgibfried said...

such a sneaky woman! ant that was WAY too damn much to pay for a kids party...

Shannon said...

In a few years the kid will learn all about Chuck E Cheese and how his lovely little helpers throw good parties for not to much money!!