Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day to all.. Especially my wonderful husband!!!

Today is Father's day... The first one for my hubby!! He has only been a father for a little over 7 months, but he has been one hell of a father. Not only did he start his fatherhood out as a stay at home dad with our little one, they were able to form an awesome bond that you don't usually see between a father and a baby. We had planned on making him breakfast in bed (french toast) and letting him relax until we had to get ready to go to the in-laws, however last nights events prevented that from happening. We attended a wedding for one of his high school friends and didn't get back to my parents to pick up the baby until late and he was wasted and I was tired so we stayed the night there. So that meant no breakfast in bed, but he did get awakened by the baby with a HUGE smile on his face. I hope that started his father's day off great!!

I am so proud of my wonderful husband and what a wonderful father he has been!! I had my concerns at the beginning, but he showed me I had no reason to be concerned. Our son loves him to death, and it makes me smile every time I see them together. I really hope that he grows up to be just like his father.

And MCG if you are reading this, remember that the little man loves you and looks up to you, while our little angel loves you and is watching down on you!!

All my love,
Wifey

6 comments:

Deli mom said...

You are a very lucky woman to have a man who wants to be a father to his son. I hope you both had a happy fathers day.

mcgibfried said...

i did have a great father's day..

WordWhiz said...

Aww....this was so sweet, I got a tear in my eye! You guys are terrific!

vbkim said...

Fathers are the best!

n8k99 said...

I am sure that he has a great time being a dad and loving his son. I really can identify with him because I too stay with my daughter.

Shannon said...

Thank you all for your generous comments. I hope my hubby enjoyed his fathers day!! I also hope all you other fathers out there enjoyed fathers day.